Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2001 Toyota?

I see that there are 2 bolts on the tension releaser: one is part of the casing so I know I need to crank on that to release the tension to remove and re-install the belt, and the other one is in the center of the tension release unit and looks like it may hold it in place.



So, my quesiton is whether I need to loosen the bolt in the middle before releasing the tension to remove and replace the belt.



Thanks!How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2001 Toyota?
Sounds like nobody ever broke anything in here, man. by the way you're not gonna mess anything up just follow my directions. when pulling it off, loosen up the bolt in the center of the pulley, that will allow the pulley to move, then loosen up the bolt on the side( which is the tensioner), loosen it far enough for the belt to come free. when you put it back on, tighten the bolt on the side first, when you notice the belt is tight, tighten up the bolt in the center of the pulley and that should be it. no big deal . start the car up, nosquealing ... you're good. go get yourself some TacoBell and spend them bucks you would of had to pay a mechanic to do it for you.How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2001 Toyota?
It would be best if you don't take anyone's advice about HOW to do it. Go to your Toyota Dealer, and ask them, in parts, to order you a manual that will tell how to do it.How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2001 Toyota?
if you need to ask this question you should not be attempting it ......... take it to a reputable mechanic before you screw something upHow do I change the serpentine belt on my 2001 Toyota?
Well I agree with the other dude, about not doing it yourself before you screw it up yourself, but on most cars, there is directionss underneath the hood, showing how you change the belt, but seriously I wouldnt do it if I were you, because you dont sound experienced in this field, and your probably going to screw up the timeing, SO DONT DO IT YOURSELF!!!, Have an experienced mechanic helping you (if you really want to do it yourself), but if I were you I'd just take it in...How do I change the serpentine belt on my 2001 Toyota?
this car has no timing belt its a permenant chain inside the engine, so do worry about messing up the timing, find the tensioner pulley nut and pull it back with a wrench and slip off the belt , then look at the diagram under the hood to reapply new belt ,oh yeah pull back tensioner to slip belt back on. easy job