Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change a serpentine belt on a 99 in-line 6 Jeep Cherokee Sport?

I have done this on an 88 but I do not know which bolts to loosen on the power steering pulley for the 99. I'm pretty sure it's different.How do I change a serpentine belt on a 99 in-line 6 Jeep Cherokee Sport?
There is a belt tensioner that is on the same bracket as the power steering pump and I believe it is a 5/8%26quot; socket that you will need. (if you dont have the automatic adjuster)



The easiest thing to do is grab your battery powered drill and use a long extender and you can have it changed in about 3 mins.How do I change a serpentine belt on a 99 in-line 6 Jeep Cherokee Sport?
i think u might have to loosen like the alternator,i think,not sure.and looose some boltsHow do I change a serpentine belt on a 99 in-line 6 Jeep Cherokee Sport?
Im pretty sure you have a belt tensioner on that model.