Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm changing the altenator on my 1994 jeep cherokee and I need to know how to loosen the serpentine belt?

Do we have a 5.2, 5.9 or 4.0? Makes a difference. If it is a 4.0, there is a pulley with a jack screw just below the power steering pump. If it is V-8, I THINK that the release is to loosen the power steering pump, but I'm not all that sure.I%26039;m changing the altenator on my 1994 jeep cherokee and I need to know how to loosen the serpentine belt?
Ok get a big pair of cutter-pliers, and place them strategically around the serpentine belt. Squeeze really hard, and itll loosen up very quickly! And make sure your blinker fluid in the discombobulator's reservoir is full. If its not, the battery will reverse polarity and smoke the instrument panel!I%26039;m changing the altenator on my 1994 jeep cherokee and I need to know how to loosen the serpentine belt?
um i don't know what you are talking aboutI%26039;m changing the altenator on my 1994 jeep cherokee and I need to know how to loosen the serpentine belt?
That's easy, get yourself a Chilton Book for your jeep. It tells you everything for repairs.I%26039;m changing the altenator on my 1994 jeep cherokee and I need to know how to loosen the serpentine belt?
i have a 93, there is a slip linkage on the altinator that you have to loosen, there isn't an idler pulley like there should be. just loosen the bolts on the altinator and slide it down the belt will be loose.I%26039;m changing the altenator on my 1994 jeep cherokee and I need to know how to loosen the serpentine belt?
easilyI%26039;m changing the altenator on my 1994 jeep cherokee and I need to know how to loosen the serpentine belt?
there is a small pully on the bottom of the belt...use a long pry bar or something to pry the pully up...thats how you loosin it.
  • slightest effect
  • fish
  •