Thursday, June 2, 2011

How much does it cost and how long does it take to replace a Serpentine Belt on a 1999 Ford Taurus SE?

I have a 1999 Ford Taurus SE and I just had the Serpentine Belt replaced. My question is - how long does the job take and how much should it be (ballpark)... The guy I went to I really wasn't crazy about and feel like he ripped me off - I just want to know so I know if I should ever go to him again... He charged me $39 for the part and $50 in labor... I thought the job should only take 10 - 15 minutes so the labor shouldn't have been that much, but he insisted it was a longer job... The whole bill came to $89 and change... Or am I wrong and this is in the ballpark?How much does it cost and how long does it take to replace a Serpentine Belt on a 1999 Ford Taurus SE?
Good deal; You must live in an area where labor is cheaper. Average is over $100. You can do it cheaper if you have your own tools and do it yourself.How much does it cost and how long does it take to replace a Serpentine Belt on a 1999 Ford Taurus SE?
He didn't do you any big favor but he didn't bend you over to hard.99.9%

of shops charge more for the part than what it cost.The last Serpentine

belt i bought was$20 then i put it on. He may have a minimum of 1hour.

Call ford and ask them what it would cost you.You may have a smile

when you hang up.
  • prom hair
  • whats wrong with my wife
  •